How to Submit Your Work to GCCA’s Exhibitions
Unless otherwise noted, our exhibits are open to all artists 18 years and older residing in the USA. Accepted entries MUST be identical to submitted images or the work will not be exhibited. Acceptance implies the use of your images and your name in any printed or online publicity.
All entries should be emailed to GCCA Visual Arts Director, Niva Dorell, at email@example.com with the show that you are submitting for in the subject line, or sent via snail mail to Greene County Council on the Arts, P.O. Box 463, Catskill, NY 12414, Attention: Visual Arts Director
- Maximum of 6 artwork entries
- Digital images must be cropped to include artwork only, no frames, mountings or added text
- Artwork must be for sale and the Gallery commission is 30%
- GCCA reserves the right to refuse any entry which does not meet the criteria listed
- [NEW] Artist must submit a professional bio and/or artist statement with submission entry
- 2D artwork should be framed with eyehooks/wires and ready to hang (contact us before applying to approve alternative hanging methods)
- 3D artwork, including artist books, must include clear handling instructions
- Special needs for displaying artwork must be pre-approved prior to shipping
- A loan agreement will be emailed with your acceptance and must accompany the artwork
Shipping address and information will be included in notification email
- Artists are responsible for shipping costs
If invited to exhibit, artists are responsible for drop-off/pick-up on specified dates, or round trip shipping and insurance (during shipping) of artworks. All shipments must include a prepaid return shipping label or shipping charge account number and be shipped in a container appropriate for reuse in return shipping. NO PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE. GCCA will insure artworks for their retail value while on the premises up during the exhibition, and up to 5 days after the closing date of the exhibition.
Call Greene County Council on the Arts at 518-943-3400 or email Niva Dorell at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Exhibition Proposals wanted for GCCA Catskill Gallery 2016/2017 Schedule.
Send a paragraph describing your solo show, curated group exhibit, brainstorm for future programs with contact information, an image list, short bio or resume and up to 10 images (72 dpi, 5” jpeg or up to 8×10” photographs) to Niva Dorell, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with subject line: 2015-2016 VAP Review. Mail hard copy to Visual Arts Director, GCCA Catskill Gallery, PO Box 463, Catskill, NY 12414. Hand deliver proposals to the GCCA Catskill Gallery located at 398 Main Street, Catskill.
Exhibition committee members are interested in local artists’ work, subjects of interest to local audiences, partnerships with other arts, culture and community organizations, daring, fun, high quality work.
GCCA Artful Hand Boutique:
Fine crafts and art under $100 wanted for the GCCA’s Artful Hand Gallery Gift Shop. Send contact information, an image list, short bio and up to 10 images (72 dpi, 5” jpeg or up to 8×10” photographs) to Niva Dorell, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with subject line: Artful Hand New Inventory. Send hard copy to Visual Arts Director, GCCA Catskill Gallery, PO Box 463, Catskill NY 12414. Hand deliver to GCCA at 398 Main Street, Catskill, NY 12414. You must be a GCCA current member to participate in the Artful Hand Boutique.
For questions, please call or email Niva Dorell, GCCA Visual Arts Director, at 518-943-3400, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.