Benefiting Greene County Council on the Arts
Those who raise more than $1,000 by March 31, 2018 will receive 2 tickets to the Beaux Arts Ball on April 7, 2018 at The Copper Tree Restaurant at Hunter Mountain!
This year we’re launching a fundraising competition to engage all of our supporters in our most important fundraising effort. With this competition, it’s not about how much you can give, but how much you can raise! As an incentive, those who raise more than $1,000 by reaching out to their friends, family and co-workers through their individual fundraising pages will receive 2 free tickets to the Beaux Arts Ball!
Our Top Fundraiser will be recognized at the Ball with a special award and receive a special prize above that! Any and every one of our friends who support the arts in Columbia, Greene and Schoharie counties is encouraged to participate.
You can set up your personal fundraising page benefiting GCCA within minutes on Crowdrise. Simply select the “fundraise for this campaign” button here: https://www.crowdrise.com/gccas-2018-beaux-arts-ball-fundraising-competition
Read on to find out more about the why and how —
Known facts about Greene County Council on the Arts:
The Greene County Council on the Arts (GCCA) has been hard at work supporting art and artists in our region for more than 40 years — making it one of the oldest continuously run arts councils in our country!
- An official 501c3, all contributions to GCCA are tax-deductible.
- No other organization today has supported the arts and artists more consistently in our region than GCCA.
- GCCA offers more than 20 free and publicly available arts events in our region a year and that number is growing.
- GCCA features and promotes area arts events through our web site, email, social media and our Arts Alive bi-monthly newspaper.
- For the last 31 years, GCCA’s Sprouts program for students has served more than 11,000 children.
- GCCA not only serves Greene County, but also manages NYSCA funded opportunities in Columbia and Schoharie counties, as well.
- You don’t have to be an artist to be a GCCA member – membership is open to all! (For more about membership, see: https://www.greenearts.org/membership/ )
- GCCA has a small staff and a large volunteer base who make it all happen!
- Because of our small staff and large volunteer base, your donations to GCCA go directly back into our local economies – a gift to GCCA is a gift to the health and vibrancy of Columbia, Greene and Schoharie counties.
Setting up your fundraising page:
1.) Visit our Beaux Arts Ball Fundraising Competition page on Crowdrise at: https://www.crowdrise.com/gccas-2018-beaux-arts-ball-fundraising-competition/fundraiser/greene-county-council-on-the-arts
There you may click on ‘Fundraiser for this Competition’ to create your very own fundraising page. Second, you can click on ‘Donate to this Campaign’ to make a donation right now. Or you may also donate to one of the people fundraising for this competition (listed at the bottom of the page).
2.) To set up your own fundraising page, you’ll then need to sign up with your email address and a password so you can have access to the management tools for your site.
3.) With access to your fundraising page, personalize your page by sharing why supporting GCCA is important to you.
4.) Then bookmark your page in your browser so finding your page web address is easy.
Promoting your fundraising page:
2.) You’re now ready to share your fundraising page link with your friends, family and co-workers (by posting your page from your social media accounts, by sending out emails and by linking your page from your email signature and/or personal web site or blog).
When possible, personalize your messages to your friends with direct communications.
3.) Thank all of your donors when they make a contribution by sending them a personal email or phone call. Thank those folks online when they are comfortable with being recognized there.
4.) Have fun and be inspired by helping to support a great organization that’s been contributing to the arts and our local economy for over 40 years!
For questions about how to set up or market your fundraising page — contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you!