Sharon Springs Poetry Festival
Poetry Reading by Ilya Kaminsky, Katie Farris & Maggie Millner
Friday, Oct. 13, 7:30pm FREE and open to the public
Poetry Workshops by Ilya Kaminsky, Katie Farris, Maggie Millner & Paul Muldoon Saturday, Oct. 14, 10am-12pm
Panel discussion, 2pm
Sharon Springs, NY
For more details, check Klinkhart Hall Arts Center
On Friday night, October 13, at 7:30 PM each of our guest poets Ilya Kaminsky, Katie Farris, and Maggie Millner will present a public reading in the auditorium of the Sharon Springs Central School. Afterward, you’ll be able to meet the poets in the lobby, purchase a copy of one of their books — which they will gladly sign — and meet your fellow poetry lovers. This event is free and open to the public.
On Saturday, October 14, Ilya Kaminsky, Katie Farris, Maggie Millner, and Festival founder Paul Muldoon will each conduct an in-person poetry workshop for adult members of the community. Workshops are free; anyone 18 or older may register:
- Workshops are two hours (10:00 AM to 12:00 PM) and are strictly limited to 8 participants per workshop;
- Advance registration is required (registration site coming soon);
- Workshops will be conducted in person in Sharon Springs (locations to be announced).
- Each participant must submit, in advance, a poem of their own composition to share and discuss with the group.
- Limit one workshop per person; one ticket per person.